Dating advice and tips
Faith Jackson is CupidNights very own dating mentor. She specialises in working with individuals or groups to help people find their ideal partners. Described as the Fairy Godmother of relationships, she is a Master Practitioner in NLP (Neuro-Linguistic Programming).
Okay so I'm not a dashing young cherub with a bow and a quiver full of arrows and I'm not a goddess of erotic love (shame that!), but I am passionate about Romantic Love and helping you find Mr or Miss Right. Are you excited about a future filled with an intimate and fulfilling
relationship? Do you believe there is an amazing lover out there for you? Hope so, because I am so thrilled to be able to share some dating tips and advice with you at your favourite dating site. I live in the centre of the universe (London) and I understand the stresses and pressures
of finding that special someone in a city as vast and cosmopolitan as this, but, wherever you are, the rules of the dating game are the same and if you follow my tips and advice, then it's a game that you're going to win.
I'm going to start with 10 basic first date tips
- Be confident (and if you don’t feel confident – act it!) – women love confidence in a man, they find this incredibly sexy.
- Take charge and revel in your masculine energy; ladies love to relax on dates
knowing that you have organised all the details. It's up to you to decide where to go, book a table etc.
- Ask her questions about herself that allow her to open up; listen intently and make sure you nod, um and arrhhh in all the right places.
- If you really the girs, take her flowers
on the first date (the bigger the bunch the more points you score!) Women love romance so if you can romance a lady, then you're already at first base.
- Be attentive to her needs, make sure she is not too hot/ cold, that she has a drink etc; women notice small details like that.
Look at her as much as you can (no ogling though!); women love attention and they like to feel like they are being admired.
- If you can afford it, pay for her on the first date. You don't have to go anywhere expensive - a local gastro-pub will do. But don't come across a bit of a meanie
as first impressions last.
- Take her somewhere on a first date that encourages conversation - perhaps for meal and a nice glass of wine - but in a bar or restaurant that isn't too noisy. Remember, if you go somewhere like the cinema or a football match, then you wont be able to chat
and get to know each other.
- Women always look at shoes, be sure yours reflect the right image!
- A great smell can make a lasting impression. I have often heard women talk about a guy's after-shave so make sure you stock up on the CK1!
- Wait for a guy to ask you out – this
may sound old fashioned but men love the chase, allow yourself to be pursued and enjoy it.
- Allow him to book a table, open doors, pay you compliments, pay for the meal etc; give him control of the first date!
- Be happy and be the type of person that men want to be with; radiate good
energy, smile and your date will be all the more entranced.
- Approach the date with the aim of having fun; forget about whether he is Mr Right and focus on just enjoying yourself and having a good time.
- Compliment a man, the things he is doing for you, the choice of meal etc – men
- Take an interest in HIS interests. Don't just talk about yourself and what you like to do.
- Don't mention your 'ex'! There'll come a time in any relationship when both of you will talk about your past relationships. Unless the guy specifically brings up the subject, a
first date really isn't the time.
- Turn your mobile 'phone off. If you're taking calls from your friends or reading texts, your date will soon lose interest. Only keep your phone switched on if you're expecting a VERY important call.
- If the guy has invited you out for a meal, be
careful how much you spend on his credit card. You don't necessarily have to choose the cheapest items on the menu, but don't order lobster and Champagne either. If a man invites you out for dinner on a first date, don't use it as an excuse to indulge yourself in a way that you wouldn't
do if you were paying for yourself.
- Say thank you - in fact you should say it twice; at the end of the date as you're saying goodnight and then either in a follow-up 'phone call or by text message the next day. Even if you don't want to see him again (in which case, thank him by text!),
you don't want to give him the impression that you have no manners.
The dating advice offered here at CupidNights has been collated from articles written by the best relationship experts and commentators on the web. No psycho-babble or new-age analysis - just fun, easy to digest pointers on how to make the best of your on line dating experience and those rather tricky first dates. Most of it is just common sense, but as we all know, common sense sometimes goes out of the window where affairs of the heart are concerned!
Whether you're new to all this and you're about to dip your toe in the water, or you're already a member of this site and you're considering a date with someone you've met here, we're sure you'll find the following dating tips and advice informative, constructive and in some cases, highly amusing!
You can click on the link which appears after each of the titles below to access the article(s) which you're interested in reading: